The Hunter aged care sector came together last night to recognise staff and volunteers who were finalists in the Hunter Aged Care Achievement Awards.
The Awards Presentation Dinner was held at Noah's on the Beach and attended by more than 150 representatives within the aged care sector.
Across the seven categories more than 120 nominations were received with 31 finalists being selected. The judging panel comprised of four independent industry professionals who were selected for their experience and involvement in the care of the older person.
Established in 2010, the Hunter Aged Care Achievement Awards recognise staff and volunteers working in the Aged Care industry who are committed to providing excellence in the care of the older person.
Congratulations to the winners of each award, as listed below.
- AGED CARE, INNOVATIVE TEAM PROJECT AWARD
Nostalgic Pathways | Anglican Care, Jesmond Grove
- AGED CARE, CARE STAFF OF THE YEAR AWARD
Jayne Gibson | Calvary Aged Care & Retirement Service, St Martin de Porres
- AGED CARE MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Kim Mason | Calvary Aged Care & Retirement Services, Cessnock
- AGED CARE VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Neil Pitt | UnitingCare Ageing, Koombahla
- AGED CARE CULTURALLY SENSITIVE EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Michael Griffiths | Posthumous Award, presented to his family
- AGED CARE SUPPORT PERSON OF THE YEAR AWARD
Rachael Maslen | Calvary Aged Care & Retirement Services, Tanilba Shores
- AGED CARE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD
Dianne Foot | Novacare