The NSW Cyber Security Network has appointed Todd Williams, former CEO of Regional Development Australia, as the organisation’s Director.
The network was established in January 2018 by the NSW Government and NSW’s universities to address cyber security challenges in NSW.
Chair, Neville Stevens AO said he was pleased to have Todd lead what is a new and exciting initiative in NSW.
“His track record in collaborating across industry, education and government to deliver national, state and regional outcomes stands him in good stead to build the vital partnerships that will maximise NSW’s capabilities in the cyber security area and position the state as an international leader in cyber security,” Neville said.
Todd said he is looking forward to leading the NSW Cyber Security Network at this exciting time of industry growth in NSW.
“As our reliance on technology intensifies, the requirement for secure cyberspace is a significant, ongoing and imminent international issue. It’s also a huge opportunity for economic growth,” Todd said.
“Not only will the NSW Cyber Security Network work to secure the state’s infrastructure, utilities and industry against cyber-attack, it will leverage the economic potential of NSW’s cyber security industry by promoting its R&D capability, as well as building a skilled, technology-driven workforce trained to forecast and address the sector’s future requirements.
“The network will assemble national and international players from industry, research, education and government to determine imperative cyber security issues for industry and engage experts to develop and implement strategies to address them.
The NSW Cyber Security Network has been created to deliver on three main goals:
- Identify solutions to emerging cyber security challenges, including protecting personal data held by government agencies and businesses;
- Train specialist graduates and develop a skilled cyber security workforce; and
- Provide industry with strategic and operational advice on cyber security threats.
Led by the State's universities and backed by the NSW Government, the NSW Cyber Security Network will harness NSW's considerable R&D strengths to help protect government and industry against major cyber-attacks.
· Identify solutions to emerging cyber security challenges;
· Train specialist graduates and develop a skilled cyber security workforce; and
· Provide industry with strategic and operational advice on cyber security threats.