The successful Blue Heeler Film Festival is back for a second year and this time the short film competition is accepting for entries from all over the Upper Hunter
Filmmakers from Upper Hunter Shire, Muswellbrook Shire, Singleton LGA, Dungog Shire and Gloucester Shire are cordially invited to get creative, with screenings to be held from 13-16 April 2014.
This year, short films need to be between one and seven minutes long and reference Campbells Corner in Muswellbrook. The deadline for entries is 14 March 2014.
There are five prizes on offer :
- Junior category prize | Open to filmmakers primary school age and under
- Senior category prize | Open to filmmakers of high school age
- Open category prize | Open to filmmakers who are (or pretend to be) adults
- Audience Choice award | Overall winner of the most audience votes
- Overall best film of the festival | Chosen by the judges: The BLUEY
This year, the screening venues will be:
- Junior short films and free family movie | Sunday April 13 | Muswellbrook Race Club
- Senior short films and free young adult movie | Monday April 14 | Highbrook Park, Muswellbrook
- Open short films, cocktail evening featuring ABC Open plus the launch of new photographic exhibition | Tuesday April 15 | Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre
- Red Carpet Night with awards, short film screenings and free Australian movie | Wednesday April 16 | Two Rivers Winery, Denman