GoGet is Australia's first and largest professional car sharing service and operates in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra and Brisbane. Its slogan is Why own a car when you can GoGet!
GoGet's aim is to provide a reliable, convenient and affordable transport service that:
- allows people to live without car ownership
- each GoGet car takes 10 private vehicles off the road reducing congestion and pollution.
- makes car sharing an integral and fun part of living in urban environments
- means members don’t need to pay for fuel
- decreases car usage
- improves local air quality
GoGet is operated by CarShare Australia, formed to bring car sharing services to Australia. Founded by Directors Nic Lowe and Bruce Jeffreys in 2003 with three vehicles and 12 members, today GoGet has over 3,500 vehicles and 145,000 members.