To mark the arrival of the new AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters, the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is offering a unique opportunity for individuals and organisations to be Foundation Members of Club 139.
Service General Manager Richard Jones, recently announced details of the Club 139 initiative ahead of the arrival of the first AW139 helicopter.
“Club 139 Foundation Membership will help us raise some of the funds that will be required as part of the new contract with NSW Government that will see the Rescue Helicopter provide aeromedical services to northern NSW from 2017. Club 139 also provides the opportunity for 139 like-minded organisations to collaborate for the benefit of our community,” Richard said.
“I am very proud to be part of an organisation that has never charged a person to be assisted. That is because our community makes sure that no one needs to pay by contributing dollars that ensure that Rescue Helicopters are there when and where we are needed. And that happens about three times a day – helping about 1000 people from our community every year.”
Each member will contribute $1500 and will receive:
- Invitation to attend a special function to see one of the new AW139 helicopters
- The opportunity to name one of the AW139 helicopters. One Foundation member will be drawn from the hat and announced as the winner.
- Inclusion on the website Club 139 page
- One listing in the Service’s quarterly Rescue magazine
- Mention on Facebook – over 72,000 followers
- Option to use the base Visitor Centre once a year for corporate events
Foundation membership is limited to 139 places with numbers 1, 2, 27, 28, 75 and 139 already purchased.