The Hunter Business Chamber will be hosting their regular Infrastructure lunch this month, focusing on how the business community can rebuild after the April storms.
Hunter Business Chamber CEO, Kristen Keegan, said that the April 2015 storms shocked and devastated many across the Hunter and Central Coast regions.
“The tragic loss of life and extent of the damage was overwhelming for our community,” Kristen said.
“The task of rebuilding essential services and vital infrastructure was enormous and work is still continuing.”
The lunch will cover:
- What does it take to recover from a natural disaster like this?
- How did the various entities rebuild and communicate?
These topics and more will be discussed by an expert panel who will explore all facets of the recovery process:
- Brigadier Darren Naumann (retired), Regional Recovery Committee Coordinator
- Scott Chapman, General Manager Asset Delivery, ARTC
- Greg Skinner, Distribution Manager – Newcastle, Ausgrid
- Clint Thomson, Manager System Operations,Hunter Water Corporation
- David Evans, General Manager, Maitland City Council and Chair GMAC, Hunter Councils
- Stuart Smith, Director Assurance, Telstra Business
- When | Friday 26 June
- Time | 12noon for 12.30pm to 2pm
- Where | Winsor Terrace, Souths Newcastle, 46 Llewellyn Street, Merewether
- RSVP | click here or call 02 4969 9600
Image | Grahamstown Dam spilling