Lake Macquarie Business Ltd has elected a board that will lead and represent the city’s business community.
The directors are:
- President Benjamin Connell | Director Emerge Business Advisory
- Mitchell Whitaker | Franchisee Harvey Norman Bennetts Green
- Suzie Leask | Senior Associate Australian Business Lawyers
- Fred Roberts | Owner, Director Channel Direct
- Kris Leck | Principal Catalyst Project Consulting
- David Jones | President Newcastle Taxi Association
- Bob Urry | Director Business Growth Centre
- Joanne Jarvie | Finance and Commercial Manager Solar Power Australia
- Harry Balding | Community Manager DaSH CoWork
Chamber President, Ben Connell, said that the Board of Directors represented a diverse range of sectors and skills and would be instrumental in the organisation’s work to support business in and around the city.
“When Lake Macquarie Business was established last year as a collaborative of the city’s existing Chambers of Commerce and NSW Business Chamber Local Chamber Alliance, it was underpinned by five pillars around urban renewal, employment pathways, building visitor economy capacity and adding value to the City’s identity,” Benjamin said. “The fifth was around supporting business to providing more effective ways to inform regional planning processes and attract and encourage investment and business infrastructure into the city.”
“As part of this ambitious approach last month we launched the ‘Lake Mac Connect’ project that is mapping the number, diversity and breadth of the local business community. This project will provide vital data and connectivity across the City and will enable a more comprehensive approach to business contribution,” he said.
“I thank previous board members who have set some terrific foundations and congratulate new members who I am confident will contribute greatly to business in Lake Macquarie,” Benjamin concluded.
Image | Ben Connell