Hunter Business Chamber’s Chief Executive Officer, Bob Hawes has announced that the 2018 business awards program across the region is in full-swing.
“The Hunter Business Awards, the centrepiece of the region’s business awards and the Hunter’s largest awards program, seek to highlight the important contributions Chamber members make to the local, national and global business communities,” Bob said.
“The Chamber’s long-standing award program is known for celebrating the achievements and entrepreneurial spirit of our region’s most inspiring organisations and individuals. Awards will be presented in 15 categories at this year’s ceremony.
“This year sees the Hunter Business Awards program revamped and improved with more categories, to reflect the continuing diversity and growth of business across the region.
Entries are invited for the following 13 categories:
- Kristen Keegan Young Business Executive, sponsored by Quarry Mining & Construction Equipment;
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur, sponsored by Greater Bank;
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by CPA Australia;
- Excellence in Small Business, sponsored by Newcastle Herald;
- Excellence in Business, sponsored by NSW Mineral Council;
- Excellence in Social Enterprise;
- Start-up Superstar;
- Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Pitcher Partners;
- Excellence in Sustainability, sponsored by Umwelt;
- Excellence in Export, sponsored by Port of Newcastle;
- Outstanding Employer of Choice, sponsored by Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group;
- Local Chamber of Commerce, presented by Hunter Business Chamber;
- Contribution to the Region, sponsored by Port Authority of New South Wales
The program will also include the Hunter Water Savers Award, sponsored by Hunter Water, and the President’s Award. Entries for the Hunter Water Savers Award should be made directly to Hunter Water. Entries for the President’s Award are not required.
Selected winners from the Hunter Business Awards will progress to the NSW Business Chamber State Business Awards, scheduled for 23 November.
Compass Housing Services’ Greg Budworth, last year’s Business Leader of the Year, is encouraging local leaders to participate in the awards.
“I encourage leaders within the commercial and profit-for-purpose sectors to participate and showcase the region’s depth and diversity of skill, talent and leadership,” Greg said.
“Thanks to the Hunter Business Chamber and their commitment to this region’s development, its businesses and organisations as well as the sponsors who facilitate this excellent event.”
Entries for the Hunter Business Awards will close on 8 June and winners will be announced at the Hunter Business Awards Dinner at NEX in Newcastle on 10 August.
Local chambers of commerce from all around the region have again partnered with the Hunter Business Chamber, and have aligned their awards programs for the benefit of their members and regions.
Bob said that the Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards and Singleton Outstanding Business Awards are now open.
“Further, the Dungog District Chamber of Commerce Business Awards has now openedand the Muswellbrook Chamber of Commerce and Industry Awards will soon be open,” Bob said.
“These programs acknowledge the work of organisations and individuals who are leading the way in making their local communities a place where business and commerce thrive. I urge eligible businesses to enter these programs today.”
IMAGE |Compass Housing Services’ Greg Budworth, last year’s Business Leader of the Year.