For the third year, the Hunter Safety Awards are calling for nominations in the field of work health and safety.
Awards Founder, Sarah-Jane Dunford said she was thrilled to bring back the awards again and welcome AGL Energy as a new major sponsor.
“Obviously all our sponsors are vital to the success of the event, so we are delighted that AGL has put their faith in us as the major sponsor,” Sarah-Jane said.
“We are also thankful that the University of Newcastle, WesTrac, Laing O’Rourke, 3M and uvex are back this year and that Red Insight and Programmed Skilled Workforce have joined us as well.”
AGL Macquarie General Manager, Kate Coates said they werepleased to support the awardsand helpcelebrate the important work organisations and individuals in the Hunter region are doing in the health and safety space.
“Our partnership with the Hunter Safety Awards is a great way to makehealth and safety at work front of mind in the Hunter region,” Kate said.
“Excellence in health and safety should be showcased and the Hunter Safety Awards is a great way to do this.Our congratulations to Sarah-Jane and her team for organising such a special event.”
Drawing on almost 180 years of experience, AGL provides gas, electricity, solar PV, batteries and related products and services to more than 3.5 million customer accounts across Australia.
The 11 award categories cover Work Health and Safety (WHS) leadership, management, improvement, training and innovative ideas, with submissions sought for 10 of the categories.
Hunter-based organisations are urged to enter the awards and receive recognition for the innovative and important role that WHS plays in their business.
Categories for the Hunter Safety Awards 2018 are as follows:
• WHS Business of the Year (not open for submissions, awarded by judges) – sponsored by AGL
• WHS Champion of the Year – sponsored by University of Newcastle
• Young WHS Leader of the Year – sponsored by uvex
• Most Innovative WHS Idea (Large organisation) – sponsored by WesTrac
• Most Innovative WHS Idea (SME) – sponsored by 3M
• Best WHS Management System (Large organisation) – sponsored by Red Insight
• Best WHS Management System (SME) – sponsored by Laing O’Rourke
• Best WHS Improvement (Large organisation)
• Best WHS Improvement (SME)
• WHS Student of the Year – sponsored by AGL
• Best WHS Training Course – sponsored by Programmed Skilled Workforce
IMAGE | 2017 WHS Business of the Year, Mainstream Industries.