Over 500 members of the local residential construction industry were recently on hand when the winners and finalists were announced at the prestigious 2016 HIA-CSR Hunter Housing and Kitchen & Bathroom Awards ceremony.
Held before a crowd of local industry leaders and peers from across the Hunter and Central Coast regions, the awards acknowledge the talent of designers, builders, suppliers and manufacturers who plan and construct quality new homes, townhouses, renovations, kitchens, bathrooms and outdoor projects.
Judged by industry professionals, winners were selected in 24 separate categories, with Millbrook Homes taking out the 2016 HIA-CSR Hunter Home of the Year Award.
Millbrook Homes was chosen from the winners of the following major award categories: Custom Built, Display Home, Renovation / Addition Project, Project Home, Spec Home and Townhouse / Villa.
Against strong competition the judges said “this custom built home exudes elegance and sophistication with exceptional craftsmanship and precision detail paramount to the project.”
HIA Hunter Executive Director Craig Jennion congratulated all award winners and finalists.
“HIA members are dedicated to achieving the very best workmanship and standards in every project they undertake. HIA’s Awards provide a tremendous opportunity for our members to showcase their projects and highlight building and design excellence,” Craig said.
“HIA is delighted with the exceptional quality of entries and level of competition this year. With a record number of entries all winners and finalists should be proud to have reached the pinnacle of building standards demonstrated in these awards,” he said.
One of the winners – Montgomery Homes – was pleased to be recognised for the fifth year running.
Montgomery Homes Operations Manager, Simon Campbell, said to win the award for five consecutive years was a testament to the consistently high-quality homes and customer service that their team offer and is something they are really proud of.
“Montgomery Homes is a family owned and operated company that began in the Hunter region, to be recognised by HIA Hunter as the best home builder of our size is humbling for us but also gives our clients confidence that when they build with Montgomery Homes they’re building with an industry-leading professional builder,” Simon said.
Overall winners in major categories will now represent the HIA Hunter region at the HIA-CSR Australian Housing Awards in 2017 to compete for national titles against winners from other HIA Regions.
IMAGE | HIA-CSR Hunter Home of the Year 2016 – Millbrook Homes
See below for a full list of winners:
- HIA-CSR Hunter Home of the Year | Millbrook Homes
- Custom Built Home up to $400,000 | Coolwater Constructions
- Custom Built Home $400,001 – $600,000 | Williams Designer Homes
- Custom Built Home $600,001 – $800,000 | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Custom Built Home $800,001 – $1,000,000 | Mavid Construction
- Custom Built Home $1,000,001 – $2,000,000 | Lance Murray Quality Homes
- Custom Built Home over $2 Million | Millbrook Homes
- Custom Built Home of the Year | Millbrook Homes
- Display Home up to $250,000 | Mojo Homes
- Display Home $250,001 – $290,000 | McDonald Jones Homes
- Display Home $290,001 – $300,000 | McDonald Jones Homes
- Display Home $300,001 – $325,000 | McDonald Jones Homes
- Display Home $325,001 – $350,000 | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Display Home $350,001 – $425,000 | Bartlett Homes
- Display Home $425,001 – $500,000 | Rawson Homes
- Display Home over $500,001 | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Display Home of the Year | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Renovation / Addition Project up to $250,000 | Ferris Building
- Renovation / Addition Project $250,001 – $500,000 | Living Green Designer Homes
- Renovation / Addition Project $500,001 – $750,000 | Len Pro Building
- Renovation / Addition Project over $750,001 | Croese Building
- Renovation / Addition Project of the Year | Croese Building
- Project Home up to $300,000 | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Project Home $300,001 – $500,000 | Taylormade Residential
- Project Home over $500,001 | Rawson Homes
- Project Home of Year | Rawson Homes
- Spec Home up to $300,000 | Tullipan Homes
- Spec Home over $300,001 | Hudson Homes
- Spec Home of Year | Hudson Homes
- Townhouse/Villa Development (2-5 dwellings) | Living Green Designer Homes
- Townhouse/Villa Development (over 5 dwellings) | Living Green Designer Homes
- Townhouse/Villa Development of the Year | Living Green Designer Homes
- Townhouse/Villa of the Year | Mavid Construction
- Affordable Housing of the Year | Aspect Z
- Specialised Housing of the Year | GR Homes
- Outdoor Project of the Year | Millbrook Homes
- GreenSmart Energy Efficiency Project of the Year | Living Green Designer Homes
- Residential Building Designer of the Year | Torren Bell Building Design
- Apprentice of the Year | Benjamin Tunney-Porter
- Business Partner of the Year | Rebecca Sharpe
- Professional Small Builder / Renovator | Ferris Homes
- Professional Medium Builder / Renovator | Montgomery Homes
- Professional Major Builder | McDonald Jones Homes
- Work Health & Safety | McDonald Jones Homes
- Work Health & Safety – Small Business | Mavid Construction
- Industry Innovation | TermiCam
- Bathroom Project up to $20,000 | Hillman Homes
- Bathroom Project $20,001 – $25,000 | Yarrum Designer Homes
- Bathroom Project over $25,001 | Croese Building
- Bathroom Project of the Year | Croese Building
- Bathroom Design of the Year | Millbrook Homes
- Kitchen Project up to $20,000 | Valley Kitchens & Joinery
- Kitchen Project $20,001 – $25,000 | GJ Morgan Kitchens
- Kitchen Project $25,001 – $35,000 | Planit Enterprises
- Kitchen Project $35,001 – $40,000 | Magnet Joinery & Kitchens
- Kitchen Project $40,001 – $50,000 | Williams Designer Homes & Groves Joinery
- Kitchen Project $50,001 – $70,000 | Apollo Kitchens
- Kitchen Project over $70,001 | Millbrook Homes
- Kitchen Project of the Year | Williams Designer Homes & Groves Joinery
- Kitchen Design of the Year | Apollo Kitchens