Singleton Council is inviting the community to view the Draft Singleton Development Control Plan 2014 (draft DCP) whilst on public exhibition.
Recently the Council endorsed the draft DCP to be placed on exhibition for public comment. Once adopted, the draft DCP will replace the existing Singleton Development Control Plan 2012.
The draft DCP has been prepared to align with the Singleton Local Environmental Plan 2013 (SLEP), which came into force on 6 September 2013. The document has been significantly reduced in size to aid usability and clauses have been written using similar terminology to the SLEP.
Building height requirements have been updated to align with the recommendations of the Singleton Town Centre Master Plan and the structure of the clauses provides for improved integration with Council's e-planning tools.
In general, a DCP contains certain local planning requirements for development applications. Matters covered by the draft DCP include:
- Design requirements for subdivision;
- Maximum building height requirements;
- Setback requirements for buildings from boundaries;
- Landscaping, amenity and open space requirements for development;
- Minimum lot shape and dimensions for certain residential accommodation;
- Maximum density limits for certain residential accommodation and visitor & tourist accommodation;
- Matters of consideration for heritage proposals;
- Vehicle access and car parking requirements;
- Stormwater management requirements;
- Design standards for earthworks and retaining measures;
- Notification requirements for certain types of development applications;
- Criteria for when development approval is required to remove certain trees and vegetation;
- Biodiversity conservation requirements;
- Passive solar design requirements;
- Waste management considerations;
- Buffer requirements associated with vineyards; and
- Considerations when assessing proposals for outdoor signage and alfresco dining.
Interested parties wishing to find out more about the draft DCP are invited to attend a public information session being held at 5pm in the Singleton Public Library meeting room on Thursday, 27 February 2014.
The draft DCP is on exhibition from today and is be available to view on Council's website and at Council's Customer Service Centre.