Lake Macquarie Business Ltd (LMB) has elected a board that will lead and represent the city’s business community.
Taking the role of President is Kris Leck who is a Director of Catalyst Project Consulting. Kris paid tribute to outgoing President, Benjamin Connell, following the announcement.
“Ben has added tremendous value to the outcomes of the business group and its members,” Kris said.
“LMB was created just 18 months ago and since then it has worked hard to understand the diverse interests and needs of the business community.
“Through a number of highly successful events, advocacy roles and importantly the launch of a dedicated TV channel, LMB is well positioned to advance the profile of businesses in the city while working with other local chambers and the regional Hunter Business Chamber to support the role of business in advancing the opportunities for our region.”
The elected board includes:
- Kris Leck, President – Catalyst Project Consulting
- Joanne Jarvie, Vice President – Solar Power Australia
- Suzie Leask, Secretary – Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors
- Benjamin Connell, Immediate Past President – Emerge Business Advisory
- Gordon Maxwell, Chair TVE Committee – Belmont 16ft Sailing Club
- Bob Urry – Business Growth Centre
- Kate Cramp – Lake Macquarie City Council
- Shane Fox – Merchant Business Brokers
Kris said that the Board of Directors represented a diverse range of sectors and skills and would be instrumental in the organisation’s work in the next 12 months.
“Lake Macquarie Business is underpinned by five pillars around urban renewal, employment pathways, building visitor economy capacity, adding value to the city’s identity and supporting regional planning processes,” Kris said.
“Our major priority this year will be to ensure that we connect members into these activities, and enable them to help shape the future of business in our community.”
IMAGE | Kris Leck has been elected President of Lake Macquarie Business’ Board.