Cooranbong’s Adventist Senior Living retirement village is celebrating its status as multi-award winners, scooping four of the major awards on offer at the inaugural Hunter Aged Care & Disability Achievement Awards.
With a field of more than 50 contenders, Adventist Senior Living was named winners of the Residential Aged Care Facility of the year; Residential Aged Care Employee of the Year (Georgie Schofield); Aged Care Innovative Project of the Year for the Avondale Intergenerational Design Project and Highly Commended for the Aged Care / Disability Sector Manager of the Year (Marlene Moodie).
Launched by Ageing Life Network, the awards aim to reward outstanding leadership, innovation and care undertaken quietly but daily throughout the aged care and disability sector in the Hunter and Newcastle region.
David Knight, Adventist Senior Living CEO said it was wonderful to see the outstanding efforts of their staff recognized.
“As a team who commit to continually doing all they can to add meaning and value to people’s lives it is gratifying to have them rewarded for their dedication,” David said.
“These awards further reinforce the great work that we do every day. I am extremely proud to be part of this team.”
Care Service team member and award winner, Georgie Schofield said she was proud to play a role in the best facility in the Hunter region.
“Everything we do is geared around the needs of our residents and I love making a vital difference to their lives.” Georgie said.
The full list of winners are as below:
- Residential Aged Care Facility of the Year
- Residential Aged Care Employee of the Year
Georgina Schofield (Adventist Senior Living)
- Aged Care/Disability Sector Manager of the Year
Sue Flaherty (NDNS)
- Aged Care Innovative Project of the Year
The Avondale Intergenerational Design Project (Adventist Senior Living)
- Disability Service of the Year
- Disability Sector Employee of the Year
- Home Care Service of the Year
- Home Care Service Employee of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Community/Business Group Recognition
- Culturally Diverse/Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Project of the Year
- Retirement Village of the Year
Image | Adventist Senior Living winners, Georgie Schofield, Marlene Moodie, Lindl Webster, Bruce Tually