- This event has passed.
HunterNet | Business Practice Services – Art of budgeting and forecasting in an uncertain economy
June 13 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
The art of budgeting and forecasting becomes particularly challenging in an uncertain economy.
The forum will discuss at a high level:
- Amplify your business model with a focus on budgeting
- Identifying revenue and cost drivers and basing a forecast on these
- Flexibility and scenario planning in the forecasting process
- Importance of constant monitoring and review
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Agility and adaptability
- Long term strategic focus
The art of budgeting and forecasting in an uncertain economy requires the application of several principles:
- a flexible and adaptive approach,
- rigorous analysis of assumptions and risks,
- regular monitoring and review,
- effective risk management,
- collaboration and communication, and
- a blend of short-term adjustments with long-term strategic focus.
By embracing these principles, businesses can navigate through uncertainty with greater resilience and make informed decisions to drive success.
About Luke Storey:
Luke Storey has an established and proven skill set in business planning, manufacturing, licensing, sourcing equipment and materials, establishing a brand, building distribution channels, scaling up, capital raising, cashflow management, specialised taxes, government grants and running a medium size business. Luke not only brings his experience as a Business Advisor at PKF, he walks the talk and also owns Newy Distillery a manufacturer of spirits (gin, vodka, whisky and rum) based at Edgeworth, with a team of up to 40 full time people, supplying all of the major bottle shops (including Dans, Liquorland, Costco, Cellarbrations), onsite cocktail bar and large retail presence. Luke and his wife started the business themselves 5 years ago and it is now one of the largest distilleries in the country. Putting his Business Advisory skills into practice and demonstrating he knows what he is doing and can apply his experience to helping you with your business.
Who should attend:
- Department heads
- General Managers
- Managing Directors
- Business owners
ARRIVAL 7.45AM FOR 8AM START
Level 1, Suite 102, 470 King St, Newcastle West – please use the intercom to gain access to the building.