Hunter Valley Research Foundation is undertaking research into regional competitiveness, using the Hunter region of NSW as a case study to try and identify the issues that are impacting on Australian manufacturers, identify opportunities presented by emerging markets and technology, and to highlight the characteristics of globally competitive firms and regions.
Their economics research team is working closely with other regional stakeholders, including the Australian Industry Group, HunterNet, NSW Trade and Investment, and others to create strategic recommendations and targeted programs that will help local manufacturers and those in other regional areas in Australia to understand and address key issues for future success.
As part of this staged research project, their next business breakfast will set the scene and feature a panel of speakers discussing the future of manufacturing and the major factors and trends impacting Australian (and global) manufacturers.
- Dr Swee Mak, Director Future Manufacturing Flagship – CSIRO
- Peter Burn, Director of Policy – Australian Industry Group
- Bob Cowan, Managing Director Cowan Manufacturing
- Caroline Veldhuizen, Senior Research Fellow ‚Äì HVRF
- Time | 7am – 9am
- Where | Wests New Lambton, 88 Hobart Road New Lambton
- Cost | Sponsors – individual ticket $45 or tables of eight $324‚Ä®
- Cost | Non-Sponsors – individual ticket $60 or tables of eight $432‚Ä®
- RSVP | via their website