The Hunter region has a proud Olympic tradition stretching back from London 1948 to London 2012. Currently, Hunter athletes make up a large proportion of the 2016 Australian Olympic Team, including London 2012 Gold Medallists Iain Jensen OAM from Fishing Point, Nathan Outteridge OAM from Wangi Wangi and current Sailing 470 Class World Champion Will Ryan from Coal Point.
Ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio the Hunter region is hosting an exclusive fundraising Dinner on Saturday, 5 March 2016 at Wests, New Lambton.
The dinner is backed by the Hunter Team Appeal Committee with its Chairman Mike Rabbitt OAM who said that all funds raised go directly to prepare and send the 2016 Australian Olympic Team to Rio.
“This event will celebrate the Olympic spirit with Olympians past and present representing the Hunter on the world’s oldest sporting stage,” Mike said. “The Hunter Olympic Dinner is a fundraising event we’re hosting to help send Australia’s finest athletes to Rio 2016.”
According to Kitty Chiller, Chef de Mission, 2016 Australian Olympic Team it will cost over $20 million to prepare and send our Team to Rio in 2016.
“The AOC does not receive Federal Government funding, instead, they rely on the generous support of Team Partners and fundraising events,” Kitty said.
- The Hon Stuart Ayres MP, Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events, and Minister for Sport.
- The Hon Marise Payne MP, Minister for Defence.
- Mike Rabbit OAM, Chairman, Hunter Olympic Team Appeal
- Helen Brownlee OAM, Vice President, Australian Olympic Committee
- Fiona de Jong, CEO, Australian Olympic Committee
- Members of the Hunter Team Appeal Committee
- Herb Elliott AC MBE (Rome 1960, Athletics – Gold Medal)
- Benn Harradine (Beijing 2008, London 2012, Athletics)
- Michelle Mitchell (Andrews) OAM (Atlanta 1996, Hockey ‚Äì Gold Medal)
- Will Ryan (Prospective Rio 2016 Team Member, Sailing)
- Aaron Royle (Prospective Rio 2016 Team Member, Triathlon)
- Scott Westcott (Prospective Rio 2016 Team Member, Athletics)
Tables and seats available here.
As a complete retail financial services provider, Newcastle Permanent provides a genuine alternative to traditional banks for a range of financial services including the day to day needs of business banking members.
Besides an extensive network of branches and ATMs, Newcastle Permanent also offers comprehensive electronic banking services that allow their members to conveniently and efficiently conduct their financial business.