The outstanding success of businesses, including world class product developers, digital innovators, plastic surgeons, trade and professional service providers, was celebrated at the Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner, held at Belmont 16s.
Eight different businesses were announced as winners across 15 categories focusing on areas such as branding and marketing, business practices, digital technology, workplace culture, customer service, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Three major award winners were also recognised for their business expertise, capacity to expand, their contribution to the Lake Macquarie Business Community and ability to give back to the general community. These were Ryan Bennett, Zimpleweb, who was awarded Young Business Person of the Year, Amber Moncrieff, Hunter Plastic Surgery, who was awarded Business Person of the Year and JettProof who took out top honours as Business of the Year.
Sponsored by Dantia, Lake Macquarie Economic Development Company, the 2017 Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner attracted a sell-out crowd of close to 400 business people from across the City.
Gavin Hanrahan, Chairman of the Business Growth Centre Board of Directors, was extremely pleased with the results.
“In its sixth year, the awards have demonstrated that there are many businesses in Lake Macquarie who aspire to and have achieved excellence,” Gavin said.
“The Gala Dinner is a celebration of these achievements and it was certainly pleasing to see so many business people come together to support their colleagues.”
Category award winners included:
• Excellence in Branding and Marketing: JettProof – Gateshead
• Excellence in Sustainability: Academy Sheetmetal – Cardiff
• Excellence in Business Practices: Academy Sheetmetal – Cardiff
• Excellence in Innovation: JettProof – Gateshead
• Excellence in Digital Technology: Anditi – Teralba
• Excellence in Workplace Culture, Training and Development: KENT Conveyancing – Boolaroo
• Excellence in Entrepreneurship: Michelle Ebbin – JettProof – Gateshead
• Excellence in Customer Service by the Whole Business: Hunter Plastic Surgery – Charlestown
• Excellence in Customer Service by an Individual: Jessica Laing – Hunter Plastic Surgery – Charlestown
• Excellence in Not for Profit / Charity: Centre for Hope – Windale
• Excellence in New Business: Hunter Eco Plumbing – Wangi Wangi
• Excellence in Young Entrepreneurship: Blake Bennett – Zimpleweb – Charlestown
Major award winners included:
Young Business Person of the Year: Ryan Bennett – Zimpleweb – Charlestown
Business Person of the Year: Amber Moncrieff –Hunter Plastic Surgery – Charlestown
Business of the Year: JettProof – Gateshead
The Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards are an initiative of the Business Growth Centre. The aim of the awards is to recognise businesses operating within the City of Lake Macquarie who provide exemplary products,services and so much more.
IMAGE |2017 major winners at the Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner – Ryan Bennett, Zimpleweb; Michelle Ebbin, JettProof; and Amber Moncrieff, Hunter Plastic Surgery.
Established in 1998, the Business Growth Centre is a not for profit Business Enterprise Centre, Business Incubator and Registered Training Organisation.
The Business Growth Centre's purpose is to support and grow small and micro businesses in the Lake Macquarie Local Government Area. The Business Growth Centre is committed to providing quality advice, services and support to ensure ongoing growth of local businesses.