Since its inception, the Mai-Wel Celebrity Comedy Debate has become a hot ticket on the social calendar and is one of only three major fundraising events undertaken annually by The Mai-Wel Group.
This year the topic of the battle-of-the-sexes-style debate is God is a Woman: Equality in Eternity.
Taking on the affirmative argument is one-half of the famous comedic duo, Lano and Woodley, star Frank Woodley along with fellow team mates Dare2XL Founder Andrew Hughes and Managing Director of Tranter Lawyers Matt Tranter.
Leading the opposing team is stand-up comedienne and writer Claire Hooper with her team mates, Director of The Training Transfer Michelle Newton and 1233 ABC Newcastle Radio morning announcer Jill Emberson.
Dan Cox, ABC News Presenter, will be the Master of Ceremonies and will have the challenge of maintaining the levels of decorum throughout the evening.
The 9th Annual Celebrity Comedy Debate will be a light hearted and entertaining evening for all involved and although the debate can be frivolous and fun, the event has at its core the serious undertones of raising funds for and promoting awareness for The Mai-Wel Group.
Proceeds from the evening will go towards acquiring a Mai-Wel Domestic Skills House, to provide people with a disability, who would like to become more independent, a realistic experience of living away from their family home.
- When | Saturday 10th August, 2013
- Where | Maitland Town Hall, High Street, Maitland NSW 2320
- Cost | $75pp includes light meal and entertainment; tables of 10 available
- Attend | Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 4932 8599.
- Debaters | Frank Woodley, Claire Hooper, Matt Tranter, Michelle Newton, Andrew Hughes and Jill Emberson
- Why | All proceeds go towards acquiring a Mai-Wel Domestic Skills House which will give people with a disability, who would like to become more independent, a realistic experience of living away from home.
The Mai-Wel Group delivers flexible and innovative solutions to enable people with a disability to live the life they choose.